In Confluence, you can define only one global homepage. The Homepage Redirect add-on takes it one step further: Administrators can assign unique homepages to several individual user groups. As soon as a user accesses Confluence he or she gets redirected to the homepage according to his or her own user group. The page displayed matches the pre-defined design settings of that Confluence homepage. This makes the Homepage Redirect add-on most valuable to all customers with tailored Confluence color schemes and/or third-party skins and themes.
The Homepage Redirect add-on works great with our Enterprise Theme.
On this page:
- Holdings with a unique corporate design per subsidiary
- Companies with different homepages per business unit or departments
- Businesses with the need for separate homepages for clients and external partners
To manage redirects:
- Choose the cog icon , at top right of the screen, then choose General configuration.
- Select Homepage Redirect under Configuration in the left-hand panel.
In the Hompage Redirect administration you have the following possibilities:
- Add a new redirect by clicking the Add Redirect button
- Edit properties like group and the redirect destination
- Delete a redirect
- Reorder the redirects
The order of the redirects is the same order the membership of the user is checked - the first matching group is used to redirect the user.
Click the Add Redirect button to add a new redirect , which brings up the following dialog:
The group name to define the users group, which you like to redirect
The destination of the redirect. This can be a page, a blogpost or a space hompage.