With Translations for Confluence, you can add and edit content in different languages on the same Confluence page.
- Choose any combination of over 40 language macros.
- The individual user sees content only in the language set in his or her user settings.
- Quickly switch between existing languages by using the language drop-down.
- If the title of a page is translated too, the translated titles will appear throughout Confluence.
- Enable or disable the Language Macros individually in the Administrator Interface.
- If no macro exists for the user's preferred language, the app checks if there is a macro for Confluence's default language that can be displayed.
Writing content in different languages
Use a specific language macro to write content in the languages supported by Confluence.
What you type in the editor:
How your text looks in the editor:
How your resulting page looks like (user's language set to English):
Writing page titles in different languages
Starting with version 5.x, you can translate page titles using the new "Translate title" interface.
What the interface looks like:
What the resulting page looks like (user's language set to German):
As an administrator, you can enable or disable languages.
Displaying content in different languages
To check if the macro works according to plan, use the drop-down in the upper-right corner and choose another language you used on that page.
If you want to change the language of the entire Confluence interface including the main text, you'll have to change the language in your user settings.
This is done as follows:
- Click on your profile icon in the top right corner. Choose "Settings".
- Click the "Edit" button.
- In the language dropdown, choose the language you would like to display your content in:
- Click the "Submit" button.
- Return to the page you were on before. This is easily done by clicking into the search field and selecting the first entry.
If this page has content in the language matching your preferred language, it will now be directly displayed to you.
Recent FAQ Entries