What does Mailtrap.io do?
In the most basic configuration, Mailtrap offers a central inbox which gathers emails sent via it's service. Emails sent via the SMTP servers of Mailtrap are not relayed to the appropriate email-servers on the internet, but instead stored in a central inbox where they can be browsed. You may choose any address for sender and recipient. Thus, every email will be displayed exactly the way it would have been sent, including the header which contains the sender ans recipient fields and the body which includes the formatting / markup and content.
Setup & Usage
1) Create an account on https://mailtrap.io/register/signup und log in
2) Remove Demo-Inbox
by clicking the outer right icon on the corresponding row and then on Delete
3) Create your first inbox
enter a suitable name for the Inbox and click Create Inbox
4) Retrieve account information
by clicking on your newly created inbox
You will be presented with all the necessary credentials to configure your service.
5) Configure your app/service (e.g. Confluence) to use Mailtrap
use the information from the SMTP Settings tab in your inbox
6) Retrieve email in your inbox
As soon as your application starts sending emails using the Mailtrap service, every email will be visible in your inbox
- you may also use a POP server at Mailtrap to easily transfer emails to your mail client (Thunderbird, Apple Mail, or even Google Mail)
- Mailtrap is free for one inbox which can hold up to 50 messages, for advanced features and pricing see https://mailtrap.io/pricing