Track attachment usage to find out which attachments attract how many views and downloads. Promote relevant content & remove unused attachments.
The app Attachment Tracking for Confluence gives you an Attachment View Count that is displayed on various places throughout your Confluence instance.
As a Confluence Administrator, you can decide which file types (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, PDF, Gliffy, Images, etc.) you would like to track. You may want to track very specific file types only to keep the Report "clean".
- In the Attachment Report, click on Settings.
- You are presented with a list of file types that are currently tracked.
- Click in the list to add or remove file types. The changes will be saved automatically.
- The Attachment Report will now only show the file types you have selected, starting today.
As an administrator, you can also decide to exclude certain spaces from tracking. Read more on Space Exclude for Attachments.
Where the Attachment View Count is Displayed
If enabled in the Settings, the app will show you the number of views and downloads for any attachment. See the list where the Attachment View Count is displayed.
The Attachment Report can be accessed by a Confluence Administrator. He/she needs to select "Analytics Cockpit".
The report shows the following data:
- In the graph: The overall number of attachment views and downloads
- In the table: The most popular file names, the space they are located in and the number of views. Notes:
- You may search for any attachment by using the search field under the graph. If a specific attachment does not appear on the list, that might be because its file type or its containing space is not tracked (see "Settings").
- The number of views depends on the time range you have selected.
- Click on an attachment's name to access the page it is attached to.
Coming soon: Make full use of the Analytics Cockpit by combining data from Attachment Tracking and Viewtracker. Find relevant content based on the number of views, likes, edits, etc.
to the Support Portal